Both an entry from me and a total reform, no, revolution, no, REPEAL of the federal income tax. I'm taking the quick and dirty way today to accomplish two goals: an easy entry for me and to further the cause of the Fair Tax. Quoted from their site:
The FairTax was created by first asking the American people what they wanted out of a tax system, and then having a team of respected economists design a tax system that met those demands. The FairTax replaces the income tax and all other federal taxes with a national consumption tax. The FairTax is levied only once, at the point of purchase on new goods and services. The simplicity of the FairTax frees Americans from our current overwhelming tax code and unshackles the U.S. economy.
The Fair Tax:
- Abolishes the IRS
- Closes all tax loopholes and brings fairness to taxation
- Maintains our current Social Security and Medicare benefits
- Brings transparency and accountability to tax policy
- Allows American products to compete fairly
- Reimburses the tax on purchases of basic necessities
- Enables retirees to keep their entire pension
- Enables workers to keep their entire paycheck
Plain English Summary here.
Sign the petition.
Spread the word. We can do it! Let's make April 15th just another day.