Sunday, April 08, 2007

Random musings from today

Resurrection Sunday -- what a blessed day. He is risen!

Webkinz. Meh. Vile little cute creatures. Anyone want to trade Beanie Babies for Webkinz? I'll trade you 10 to 1. Sure do wish they had upgraded their servers before the Easter Bunny made his rounds this morning. Apparently everyone under 10 (or under 42?) got a Webkinz today. Their site has been trash.

Speaking of the Easter Bunny...I NEVER had Easter baskets like my daughter got this morning! Gotta have a talk with that rabbit.

Have you ever been to a movie that you were embarrassed to talk about? I saw one last Friday. Now, I LOVE war movies -- Saving Private Ryan, Blackhawk Down, Full Metal Jacket, etc. Violence and bloodshed, in realistic settings such as those, don't really bother me on the surface. I also LOVED Gladiator. Last Friday, my husband wanted to see 300. "It's like Gladiator, only with 300 of them instead of one." Hmmm. 300 bare-chested Russell Crowes? Gee, let me....okay, I'm game! Well, 300 is SO NOT GLADIATOR. It was appalling. I had my head turned away for more than half the movie. It is absolutely shameful. I should have just taken my tiramisu, smuggled in from Carrabbas, and sat in the lobby. The only other movies I have hated as much, though on much different grounds, are A Fish Called Wanda and Raising Arizona. Also very embarrassed to say that I have seen Boxing Helena. Forget you saw that.

2 comments:

Queen Bee said...

He is risen indeed!

Yeah, that site was rather ridiculous yesterday. Hopefully that isn't the norm :P

I did my best to keep the bunny under control yesterday. Didn't do too badly.

Haven't seen Gladiator, I'll try that one before 300 any day *LOL*

The Cluck Wagon said...

Tag! You're it! Go visit my blog and see why.