Friday, October 10, 2008

Tonight....Let it be Lowenbrau

Didn't you just love that jingle? I don't drink beer, never have, and certainly the beer drinkers I know don't drink Lowenbrau. But I remember it from the 80s, that earthy voice singing,

Here's to good friends,
Tonight is kind of special.
The beer we'll pour
must say something more, somehow.
So tonight (tonight),
Tonight,
Let it be Löwenbräu (let it be Löwenbräu).
It's been so long.
Hey, I'm glad to see ya.
Raise your glass.
Here's to health and happiness.
So tonight (tonight),
Let it be all the best.
I had been thinking that I need to make a list of the ones I've seen, for myself. It's getting to the point where I can't remember them all, so I'm sure I'll have to pop back in and add to this later. The first one is listed here only for the sake of honesty. The music definitely improves after that.
  • Ozzie Osbourne
  • Heart
  • Bryan Adams
  • Reba McEntire
  • Rod Stewart (twice)
  • Elton John (twice)
  • Paul McCartney (twice)
  • Aerosmith
  • The Eagles
  • Earl Klugh (not a typical concert, but definitely worthy of a mention)
  • Kenny Chesney (twice, including Keith Urban)
  • Alabama
  • Van Halen
  • Eric Clapton
  • Barry Manilow
  • Boston
  • The Bangles
  • KISS
  • Bruce Springsteen
  • Robert Plant & Jimmy Page
  • Mercy Me & Michael W. Smith
  • Steven Curtis Chapman
  • Billy Joel
  • Billy Joel AND Elton John, together
  • Jimmy Buffett
  • Stevie Nicks
  • Huey Lewis (free tickets; no, I would not have paid)
Some other notable events that weren't concerts
  • Martina Navratilova vs. Chris Evert in a tennis match (I've never cared for tennis but did want to take advantage of that opportunity -- it was not a disappointment)
  • The Boston Celtics with Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Danny Ainge, et al in 1989
  • Being kissed by Richard Petty at an autograph signing event

No comments: