Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Um, yeah

As far as romantic, my choice would probably be this scene and song from "Enchanted." It's beautiful on its own, but I think you appreciate it much more having seen the whole movie. The true impact of it is revealed in the context of the movie.





I'll have to do some thinking on my other contenders for most romantic. Little River Band is a good place to start!

Update: my latest choices for most love-filled/romantic songs (because you can't have just one). No, it's no coincidence that these are from the 70s and 80s. Where ARE the good love songs anymore?

  • Reminiscing (Little River Band)
  • Dance with Me (Orleans)
  • Lady (Kenny Rogers)
  • You Are So Beautiful (Joe Cocker)
  • At Last (Etta James)
  • The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack version)
  • Your Song (Elton John)
  • Baby, Come to Me (James Ingram/Patti Austin)
  • Almost anything by The Commodores
  • Always and Forever (Luther Vandross)
  • El Paso (Marty Robbins)
  • Lost without Your Love and Baby I'm-a Want You (Bread)
  • Everything I Own and The Goodbye Girl (David Gates)
  • Annie's Song (John Denver)
  • Just Remember I Love You (Firefall)
  • I Will Always Love You (Dolly Parton)
  • If Ever I See You Again (Roberta Flack)
  • Ronnie Milsap (pick one!)
  • Here, There, and Everywhere; Something (The Beatles)
  • When A Man Loves A Woman (Percy Sledge)
  • I Honestly Love You (Olivia Newton-John)

What would you add?;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sade, "No Ordinary Love", I think it is one of the most romantic, sensual songs ever!

This is fun, I may do a blog post inspired by yours!